Fatal Car Accidents:
Pursuing Maximum Compensation
If someone you love has been killed in a car accident caused by another party's negligence, an attorney at Wenholz | Dow, P.C., Trial Lawyers can pursue the compensation you deserve while you and your family cope with your loss. Fatal car accidents change the lives of surviving loved ones, often leaving families without a source of income. Our team in Austin, TX, provides the representation necessary to prove fault and collect maximum compensation. Call us today at (512) 478-2211 to schedule a free consultation. You can also message us online.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents
Fatal car accidents happen every day, and there are many causes. Some of the most common causes include:
- Speed: A car accident can be the result of driving too fast, but can also occur when a driver is going too slowly. Both instances present dangerous driving conditions and can lead to serious accidents.
- Distracted driving: Driving while not paying full attention to the road is quickly becoming a leading cause of car accidents. Texting and driving is a serious problem.
- Improper driving habits: Driving across the lane line or failing to yield can cause catastrophic accidents.
- Improper lane change: Changing lanes without looking can result in running another motorist off the road or sideswiping another car and causing drivers to lose control.
- Following too closely: Following too closely may result in a high-impact rear-end collision. It is always best to keep a safe distance between cars to avoid an accident.
- Disregarding stop signs and other traffic signals: Stop signs, yield signs, and other traffic signals are in place for safety. When disregarded, cars can collide at high rates of speed, causing fatal accidents.
- DUI and other criminal driving activity: Intoxicated drivers cause more than 10,000 fatal accidents every year.
Victims need advocates, and our team is prepared to stand up for you.
Damages from Wrongful Death
Families of victims of a wrongful death are entitled to seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of income from the deceased family member
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
A personal injury attorney can help you maximize recovery so that you can begin rebuilding your life following a devastating loss. Our team can create a compelling case that demonstrates who is at fault and the extent of your losses so that you can collect the compensation you need and deserve.
Although the circumstances of the accident may seem clear to you, it can actually be incredibly difficult to prove fault, especially since the responsible party will likely have legal representation of their own. Victims need advocates, and we are prepared to stand up for you.